(This picture came up on my Facebook memories today, and I wanted to share it with you. Those of you who know me well, know that this captures me and my personality, absolutely perfectly! As journalist Hunter S. Thompson said, “When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.” I am now, officially, a pro weirdo!)
First, I wanted to say a heartfelt “thank you” to all the people who reached out to me yesterday (and today) with best wishes for a successful outcome after I made my recent blogpost. Some of you are people whom I know in real life, and some of you are people I only know through Second Life, Sansar, or another virtual world.
Among the many well-wishers was the CEO of Sine Wave Entertainment, Adam Frisby (the company behind the virtual world Sinespace), who told me:
Pre-emptively, since your blog post hinted (and good luck btw!); we do allow transfer of accounts to an estate, with appropriate verifiable and official documentation. Generally though we consider accounts non-transferable in other cases without official exemption.
So Sinespace has a policy similar to Linden Lab’s for Second Life, where I can designate another person to receive my avatar and its inventory in the event of my death.
I’ve spent the evening thinking about how best to undertake the task of matching up my friends (both offline and online) and family with avatars from my Second Life avatar collection.
I have only made one firm decision so far: I am leaving my Scarborough Fair avatar (a medieval roleplayer with a huge inventory of medieval clothing collected over the past decade) to Solas NaGealai, the co-owner of Silvan Moon Designs, from whom I have bought many a beautiful historical gown in the past. (I’m also a blogger for Silvan Moon Designs.) Here’s what Scarborough Fair looks like:
As for the rest, well, I thought I would start off by posting an alphabetical list of all my avatars by name. That way, people can let me know if they are interested in inheriting an avatar with a particular name.
(I’m sorry, but I honestly couldn’t think of any easier way to do this than via blogpost. The communications involved in this whole process are going to be a bit of a nightmare, especially since I don’t know how to reach many of you, except through Second Life, Sansar, etc. And I do know that many of you follow and read this blog.)
Here’s the complete list, with a brief description of the purpose of each avatar (these avatars all have legacy first names and last names):
- 2My Fairlady (freebie Altamura Emanuelle mesh avatar)
- Abiding Shepherd (a male urban angel; Seraphim in the City of Lost Angels roleplay; Akeruka Leon mesh head and Altamura Robert mesh body)
- Alexandra McKenzie (originally a female Scottish pirate for historical roleplay; Genesis Lab mesh head and Afrodite mesh body by LUCYBODY)
- April Mayflower (little girl; has a Toddledoo mesh head and body)
- Artist Scientist (originally a neoVictorian/steampunk avatar)
- Autumn Winter (originally created as the avatar embodiment of Autumn)
- Banjo Haystack (country bumpkin)
- Beau Coeur
- Betsy Blitz (1950s/1960s historical roleplay avatar)
- Bok Choi (Chinese man; Chinese emperor)
- BRlTNEY Spears (Britney Spears look-alike avatar, with a lowercase-L instead of an I in the first name; her nametag looks like “BRITNEY Spears” in-world)
- Bumbly Rumpler (Afro-Canadian/Afro-American; Akeruka Lulu mesh head and the non-freebie version of the Valentina Altamura mesh body which I got for only L$300 at the 2018 Skin Fair)
- Cher Popstar (Cher look-alike avatar)
- Chi Mai (Chinese woman; Chinese empress)
- Clay Loam (originally created as a satyr/faun; freebie Altamura Max mesh body)
- Coffee Philter (unisex; either male or female)
- Coupon Clip (one of my main avatars, currently a 1950s-styled dancer for tips at the Pino 1951 bar; Akeruka Maia head and Belleza Freya body; this avatar has also has been Alice in Wonderland; she also is the avatar embodiment of Winter/Christmas, with lots of snowy/winter/white/ice blue outfits)
- Diana Huntress (originally created as a medieval archer; Altamura Giselle mesh head and Altamura Jenny mesh body)
- Easton Weston (fat cop with doughnut; Piggu Jonathan fat man avatar)
- Elizabeth Queen (historical roleplay avatar, Queen Elizabeth I of England)
- Elvis Popstar (Elvis Presley look-alike avatar, complete with white jumpsuit, microphone and wearable spotlights!)
- Escher Rembrandt (originally a neoVictorian/steampunk avatar)
- Eve December (originally created as a Cabaret singer/Liza Minnelli look-alike)
- Evil GossipGirl 😉 (Genesis Lab mesh head and Afrodite mesh body by LUCYBODY)
- Faerie Moon (male fairy)
- Fairy Queen (female fairy; has a Yabusaka petite mesh avatar)
- Fidelity Constantine (young Victorian woman)
- Fire Bird (Firestorm phoenix/warrior superhero)
- Fortune Telling (originally created as a fortune teller; gypsy)
- Gene Pool (Asian- or Indo-Canadian)
- Glee Delight (this is the avatar that got all the pink clothing! I think I will leave this avatar to Torley Linden of Linden Lab—all he has to do is add some green clothing and he’s all set!)
- Good Read (currently a very old man with a pipe and a smoking jacket)
- Grace Westland (old woman; Grandma)
- Happy Delight (unisex; either male or female)
- Hearts Delight (1960s hippie chick; harlequin)
- Heath Applemoor (Ennis Del Mar avatar for Brokeback Mountain roleplay)
- #ff0000;">#ff0000;">#ff0000;">#ff0000;">Heath Homewood (my main male avatar; Catwa head, Stray Dog skin and Belleza Jake body; owner of most of my non-clothing inventory assets, such as trees, houses, furniture, etc.)
- Heilige Nacht (Seawolf dragon avatar)
- Ilsa Svenska (blonde Swedish avatar; Altamura Giselle mesh head and Altamura Jenny mesh body)
- Indigo Blue (male Na’vi from the movie Avatar)
- itinerant Scribe (medieval scribe)
- Jacqueline Laville (Victorian maid; housekeeper for Prim & Proper Cleaning Services; as a joke, I like to put her in various unexpected spots, like random stores or Frank’s Jazz Club, where she busily dusts or vacuums; “Lift your feet, hun.”)
- Jake Greenwood (Jack Twist avatar for Brokeback Mountain roleplay)
- JeanGuy Perrin
- John Peacock (pirate; Johnny Depp look-alike avatar)
- Joy Delight (this is the avatar that got all the purple clothing!)
- Karin Vasser (one of my favourite avatars, named after my mother; princess; geisha; she has all the kimonos!)
- LadyGaga Inventor (Lady Gaga look-alike avatar)
- Layne Carpool
- Ledba Loon (get it? “lead balloon”? Piggu June fat girl avatar ; also a witch; has all my assorted witch outfits, brooms, etc.)
- Lily Pond
- London Bridges (British male avatar)
- MARlLYN Monroe (Marilyn Monroe look-alike avatar, with a lowercase-L instead of an I in the first name; her nametag looks like “MARILYN Monroe” in-world)
- Mary Fang (Bloodlines role-play vampire; owns an Infinity amulet to avoid the Bloodlines blood curse, on which I very stupidly spent L$7,999!!!)
- MaryPoppins Popstar (Mary Poppins look-alike avatar)
- Mason Carver
- Maya Sass (Indo-Canadian; has my entire sari collection; Bollywood actress; Maia Akeruka mesh head and Afrodite mesh body by LUCYBODY)
- Michael Sixpence (Elizabethan courtier)
- MichaelJ Moonwall (Michael Jackson look-alike avatar)
- Morden Winkler (my gay clotheshorse avatar, named after a pair of towns in Manitoba’s Mennonite Bible Belt; Catwa head, Stray Dog skin and Signature Gianni body)
- Nada Nix (my goth girl avatar; she wears only three colours: white, black, and red; I think I will leave this to Jenn, the Community Manager for Second Life at Linden Lab, since I know she has a thing for goth!)
- Notecard Writer (my professional librarian avatar)
- Oceana Waters (my mermaid avatar; has a complete collection of mermaid outfits and AOs)
- Olga Thorsveld
- PARlS Hilton (“The Paris Hilton of SL”; Paris Hilton look-alike avatar, with a lowercase-L instead of an I in the first name; her nametag looks like “PARIS Hilton” in-world)
- Peace Dove (the avatar embodiment of peace)
- Pepper Salter (originally created to be Red Riding Hood or Dorothy from The Wizard of Oz)
- Peter Church (black Jamaican)
- Pixel Farmer (originally created as my artist avatar; has the non-freebie version of the Valentina Altamura mesh head and body which I got for only L$300 at the 2018 Skin Fair)
- Prayerful Vigil (female angel; currently has the Altamura Giselle mesh head and the Altamura Jenny mesh body)
- Queen Ishnoo
- Richard Lionheart (King Richard historical roleplay avatar; knight)
- Rose Queen (one of my favourite avatars, a Caledon/steampunk/Victorian old woman; LAQ Vivien mesh head and Maitreya Lara mesh body)
- Rose Rage (originally created as a female drow/dark elf)
- Ryan Harbour
- Ryan Love
- Santa Rudolf (my Santa Claus avatar; I pull him out every Christmas and he travels all over the grid, wishing everyone a very Merry Christmas!)
- Scarborough Fair (Medieval, Renaissance, Elizabethan England, 1920s Berlin & Chicago historical roleplay avatar; Akeruka Lulu mesh head and Maitreya Lara mesh body; owner of various Mikki Miles musical instruments such as lutes and harps; I am leaving this avatar to Solas NaGealai, the co-owner of Silvan Moon Designs)
- Schnitzel Wiener (Bavarian German in lederhosen)
- Silver Quick (originally created as an elf or troll; now unisex/both male and female)
- Sim Hopper (hiker with a random teleport backpack; also a superhero)
- SisterMary Blister (short, fat Catholic sister; comes with an Abranimations HUD to rezz a flock of penguins to follow her around)
- Sitcom Writer (butch lesbian; fitness model with DEV mesh head and body)
- Sternen Nacht (wizard, Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings)
- Summer Fall (the avatar embodiment of Summer)
- That Guy (“Yes, I’m that guy.”; Akeruka Aron mesh head and the freebie version of the TMP male avatar mesh body, with all the free clothing that now comes from TMP)
- Treehugger Cliffhanger (unisex; either male or female)
- Unusual Delight (Queen of Hearts avatar; Akeruka Lulu mesh head and the dollarbie Classic eBody mesh body)
- Valentina VonBaum (redhead; the avatar embodiment of Valentine’s Day; Altamura Giselle mesh head and Altamura Jenny mesh body)
- #ff0000;">Vanity Fair (my main female avatar; Catwa Kimberly head, The Skinnery Daria skin and Maitreya Lara body; over 216,000 items in her inventory, mostly clothing)
- Velcro Zipper (drag queen; clown)
- War Hawk (warrior; Roman gladiator; avatar embodiment of war; has an Aesthetic mesh bodybuilder body)
- Winona Sweetwater (First Nations/aboriginal Canadian chief)
- Woofie Roffo (wolf; TWI Timber Wolf avatar; also a German Shepherd dog)
- Xena Kleb (originally created as a court jester; also a harlequin)
- Yvonne Leblanc (*DOLLCOCO* doll)
- Zelda Leeming
Almost all the female avatars have the three free group gift Bento mesh heads from Akeruka (Lulu, Kumiko, and Maia). They also have all three free Altamura mesh avatars (Jenny, Valentina, and Emanuelle). They may also have the dollarbie versions of the Classic and Curvy eBody mesh avatar bodies and the freebie Afrodite LUCYBODY mesh avatar body.
Almost all the male avatars have the three free group gift Bento mesh heads from Akeruka (Aron, Keiji, and Leon). They also have all five free Altamura mesh avatars (Robert, both versions of Max, Tommy, and last year’s TeleportHub.com group gift Aaron). All male avatars also have a complete set of the freebies from Kauna men’s clothing.
All the unisex avatars have both the male and female mesh avatar heads and bodies listed above.
If you are interested in inheriting one of these Second Life avatars, please contact me via email at ryanschultz [at] Gmail [dot] com (or via the Contact page on this blog). You can also approach me and talk to me in-world in Second Life, Sansar or another virtual world, or talk to me on one of the many community forums or Discord channels for the various virtual worlds of which I am a part.
#ff0000;">THESE AVATARS ARE ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY *NOT* FOR SALE! THEY WILL ONLY BE GIVEN AS AN INHERITANCE IN MY WILL, IN THE EVENT OF MY DEATH, in accordance with the Second Life Terms and Conditions (Terms of Service) and Linden Lab’s posted official policy on Death and Other Worries Outside Second Life.
#ff0000;">I must have your legal (real life) name for my will, and a reliable means of contact (telephone number preferred; email address is acceptable). #ff0000;">I will NOT be giving any avatars to anybody that I do NOT know, or with whom I have NOT had at least one good, long, in-depth conversation! I do want to know who you are (and what you plan to do with my avatar) before I leave you one of these avatars, on which I have spent a great deal of time, energy, and (in some cases) money. I will be in touch with you by phone (or email, or chat) and I alone will make the final decision as to whether or not to let you inherit one of my avatars, and which one(s).
I know that many of you already have significant investments in your own avatar(s), but if you are interested in one of these avatars, let’s talk. It would give me great pleasure to know that somebody will appreciate and use Second Life avatars which I have lovingly created and designed, and for which I endlessly shopped for freebies! 🙂
And, I apologize in advance to the staff at Linden Lab for the work that this will likely create for them at some future point. Please understand that I am only doing this because I love Second Life, and I want my creations to have a life beyond my death, and continue to give enjoyment and pleasure to people after I am gone. I do not plan on dying soon, but it pays to be prepared for any eventuality!
And I realize that by publishing this list, I may get into trouble with Linden Lab for having so many avatars. You know what? F*** it. I might have cancer, and nothing else really matters right now.
UPDATE 7:06 p.m.: I have added a few more pictures to my list of avatars, so you can see what they look like. I also had a nice long chat with my psychiatrist today, and she made me realize that what I am doing here is simply trying to assert some control in a situation where I am not in control. This is apparently a very normal, human response to a situation like a health crisis.
UPDATE Sept. 27th: I couldn’t sleep, so I updated this blogpost with more pictures of my avatars.