Did you know that you can help support my blog (as well as the Metaverse Newscast show), and get great rewards in return? Here’s how.
Yesterday, Decentraland announced the winners of their recent Game Jam contest. While there are still approximately 14,000 people waiting for their opportunity to enter the current closed beta of the blockchain-based virtual world Decentraland, the company has thoughtfully included links in their blogpost that will allow any readers to visit the winning scenes without having an account or an avatar set up!
There were a couple of bugs I did encounter yesterday, however. For some reason, the link to the first prize winning entry, The Farm, did not work for me, no matter how many times I tried to reload it. Eventually, someone gave me the in-world coordinates of the entry, so I just signed into Decentraland with my own avatar (which already has access to the closed beta), and I teleported to The Farm to be able to take a few pictures of it to show you here. (The coordinates are -3,-33 if you are interested and want to visit it yourself.)
The first place winner is The Farm (all links were taken from the original blogpost, so this one might not work for you, either):
Another bug that kept coming up is the pop-up message that you see at the top of my screenshot above: a message telling me “You received an exclusive wearable NFT (non-fungible token) mask! Check it out in the avatar editor.” I was told that this is a bug that DCL is aware of and is working to fix as soon as possible.
The Farm appears to be some sort of gathering and manufacturing game around food. If you click on a book in the farmhouse, a series of recipes pops up:
Second prize went to Enchanted Wood, which reminded me of a brain teaser from the venerable puzzle game Myst:
Third place winner Koko Jones had an Indiana Jones adventure theme:
Here’s a list of the remaining Game Jam winners, along with links to visit each one:
- 4: Mana Fever: https://mana-fever.estornut.now.sh/
- 5: Pac Runner: https://pacrunner.now.sh/?position=61%2C-27
- 6: Retrover: https://retro-vehicle.decentraland1.now.sh/
- 7: Solar System Museum: https://export.marcdemar.now.sh
- 8: Serenity Casino: https://decentral.games/serenity
- 9: Carnival: https://export.icosybasura.now.sh/
- 10: Neo Arcadia: https://export-qrc6ni31f.now.sh
- 11: Paths: https://explorer.decentraland.org/?position=-51,125
- 12: Spyderpunk https://export-5rzf51wh3.now.sh/
- 13: Crypto Solitaire: https://3d.cryptosolitaire.now.sh/
- 14: Cybermike’s Dystopia: https://cybermike.decentraland1.now.sh/
- 15: Crab Racer: https://export.xierranet.now.sh
- 16: Jammingland: https://jamminland.levalleuxludo.now.sh
- 17: Greatest Treasure: https://export.anqkhieu.now.sh/
- 18: Museum District: https://export.whiterabbit33.now.sh/?position=13%2C75
- 19: World Simulation: https://world-simulation-7nnoq6zie.now.sh
- 20: Calmness is the Cradle of Power: http://export.godfrey.now.sh
Congratulations to all the winners! Have fun exploring! I haven’t even had an opportunity yet to visit all these locations myself.
Also, I have decided to finally create a new, separate category for blogposts about Decentraland on this blog. I may or may not have time to go back and assign that new category to every blogpost I have written about DCL in the past, though. (The old category is Blockchain-Based Virtual Worlds.)