I discovered today (while visiting The Free Dove looking for outfits and shoes to wear on the latest freebie version of the eBody Classic mesh avatar body) that the proprietor, Palomma Casanova, has made some significant changes to the layout of the venerable Second Life freebie store!
Here is a quick summary of the changes:
- Almost all of the old freebies have been replaced with brand new items! And all the new items are modern, mesh clothing and footwear (there are no system-layers-and-flexiprims outfits to be found, with the exception of one ballgown I did find);
- Instead of grouping items strictly by category (menswear, womenswear, jewelry, etc.), there are now many smaller tables with freebies from a single store/brand, both men’s and women’s items shown together;
- The number of men’s freebies has increased, but you will now have to wander throughout the whole freebie store to find them all;
- There appears to be slightly fewer free jewelry gifts than before, and definitely fewer freebie hairstyle options to choose from (but it’s still the single best collection of free hair at any SL freebie store on the grid);
- And the lag is still absolutely terrible 😉 …so be forewarned!
For example, here is one table of free items by KingBal, both men’s and women’s freebies (including a very nice pair of hiking boots in sizes to fit various men’s mesh bodies):
This display of women’s freebies by AvaGirl includes clothes, shoes, and jewelry:
Vanity Fair paid a visit today, and here are just a couple of the outfits she was able to put together:
This schoolgirl outfit consists of three separate pieces:
- the Emily plaid schoolgirl dress by Poème;
- the Alice shoes with ruffled socks by Paper Sparrow; and
- the Rina braided hair and hat combo by Lara AC.
Here we have:
- the silver Melody ballgown by LUXE; with
- the Lacrecia updo hairstyle by Firelight Hair (comes with a HUD with three different shades of brown).
So if you have not been to The Free Dove in a while, now would be a great time to come down, browse the new merchandise (all still free, of course!), and snap up some fabulous, fashionable outfits for yourself.