At the moment I am binge-watching Season 3 of The Crown on Netflix. I love watching the drama, intrigues and scandals of the Royal Family!
And it just so happens that I have a Second Life avatar whose actual legacy name is Elizabeth Queen (yes, I got lucky). Surprisingly, there’s nothing out there, either on the grid or in the SL Marketplace, to make her look like the current reigning Queen Elizabeth II. (Yes, I have actually identified a gap in the vast merchandise machine that is Second Life! Somebody needs to address this immediately!).
So, I decided instead to make her look like her namesake, Queen Elizabeth the First. Here is her before picture:
Not bad, but the look is a bit dated now: a classic system avatar, with system-layers-and-prims clothing. So I decided to do one of my patented 15-minute avatar makeovers (in the past, I have done the same for a nun, a vampire, an elf angel, Mary Poppins—even Santa Claus!)
And here is what Elizabeth Queen looks like now!
This avatar is wearing:
- Mesh Head and Body: Juliet mesh body by Altamura (a former Valentine’s Day group gift; Omega-compatible; more details here; the Altamura group cost L$50 to join when I joined it, but it now costs L$100 to join the group)
- Omega Skin Applier: Historical Skin Textures package by Amethyst’s Accessories (available for free from the SL Marketplace; comes with Baroque and Elizabethan skins in Belleza and Omega skin appliers, plus system skins; you do have to buy and install the Omega system kit on the Juliet body, which is for sale for L$99 at this exact SLURL)
- Hair: Queen Elizabeth hair by Curl Up and Dye Salon (available for L$250 on the SL Marketplace; this is the same hair as in the before picture, since you just can’t improve on an already perfect wig!)
- Earrings and Necklace: Antigone gold and emerald jewelry (a long-ago free gift from Kouse’s Sanctum, a store no longer on the grid)
- Gown: Elizabeth I Costume Gown by Oi Bae! (available for L$190 on the SL Marketplace)
- Shoes (not shown): simple black flats (part of a free sample pack of Slink-compatible shoes from Garbaggio, available on the SL Marketplace; Altamura mesh bodies have Slink-compatible feet)
- Crown: This was the lovely bonus surprise in the package when I bought the gown from Oi Bae! It finishes off the look perfectly.
- Sceptre: Crown Jewels sceptre from [Tia] (L$250 on the SL Marketplace; includes a matching crown, not used here)
TOTAL COST FOR THIS AVATAR: Only L$839!
All pictures are taken in Tudor London at Jo Yardley’s wonderful Time Portal sim.