It’s 4:00 a.m. and I have a wicked case of insomnia, so I decided to get out of bed and present yet another in my series of my patented 15-minute SL avatar makeovers (you can find them all here).
I have an alt (with, appropriately enough, the legacy name of Autumn Winter), whom I tend to trot out at this time of year, dressed up as the avatar embodiment of autumn. Here’s a Before shot of the classic system avatar, wearing a system-layers-and-flexiprims outfit, and rocking a hat from ye olde pre-mesh days:
Not bad, but I wanted to challenge myself to see if I could upgrade this alt to mesh, as inexpensively as possible. Here’s the After shots, and I think you’ll agree with me that I succeeded:
- Mesh Head: Genus Strong head (still a free group gift from Genus Project; the Genus group is free to join)
- Mesh Body: Atenea from LUCYBODY (available for free from their Midnight Madness board in-store; once the board hits 350, everybody wins a copy of this mesh body, which is Maitreya Lara-compatible for clothing and Slink-compatible for footwear; you will need to purchase a Bakes on Mesh applier for this body for L$197 to use it with BoM skins. Note that this MM board does not reset at midnight!)
- Hair: Jamila fatpack from FAGA (available on the SL Marketplace for only L$1)
- Bakes on Mesh Skin: Flower Girl skin in Autumn from 7 Deadly S[k]ins (a fatpack of these skins was a recent free gift from their Gift Board in-store; gifts change daily)
- Gown: Kensie gown (a free group gift from Just Because; the Just Because group is free to join)
- Flats (not shown): red flats by Garbaggio (part of a free sample pack of Slink-compatible shoes from Garbaggio, available on the SL Marketplace)
TOTAL COST OF THIS AVATAR MAKEOVER: Only L$198!
Pictures taken at the Deer River sim, a beautiful place for a virtual autumn stroll.