On Thursday, June 24th, 2021 at noon PST/8:00 p.m. BST, the following four speakers will be taking part in a panel discussion titled Collective Dreams: The Metaverse As a Shared Imagination. The event takes place on the social VR platform Breakroom (created by Sine Wave Entertainment, the makers of Sinespace).
- Philip Rosedale: Founder of Second Life and CEO and co-founder of High Fidelity
- Adam Frisby: Co-founder of Open Simulator and Sine Wave Entertainment
- Rohan Freeman: CEO and co-founder of Sine Wave Entertainment and Breakroom
- Wagner James Au: Blogger (New World Notes) and author of The Making of Second Life and Game Design Secrets
According to the official announcement:
Since its inception in the early 90s, the Metaverse has inspired our wildest imagination — even if the technology to fully realize that dream has seemed just out of our grasp. But now, with advances in edge computing, VR, and 3D graphics/audio, nothing seems impossible. Given such powerful tools at our fingertips – what could this look like?
Join Metaverse pioneers Philip Rosedale, co-founder and CEO of High Fidelity, and Adam Frisby of Sine Wave Entertainment, for a candid, interactive fireside chat about virtual worlds, their past, present, and the shared creative vision for what they could be — live and onstage in the highly immersive virtual world of Breakroom.
You can register for the event here. It promises to be a fascinating discussion. See you there!
UPDATE June 24th, 2021: When you register you will receive an email message with a special link you have to click on to load the web-based Breakroom app in your web browser. Here is the schedule for the event:
– 12.00pm/8.00pm: Arrival and Networking
– 12.10pm/8.10pm: Fireside Chat with Philip and Adam
– 12.40pm/8.40pm: Q&A
– 1.00pm/9.00pm: After Party & Networking
– 1.30pm/9.30pm: Event Closes
Adam Frisby worked personally on the venue for the event and it is simply gorgeous, strongly evocative of the great Canadian north! See you there!!
This blogpost is sponsored by Sinespace, and was written in my role as an embedded reporter for this virtual world (more details here).