On Thursday, June 24th, 2021 at noon PST/8:00 p.m. BST, the following four speakers will be taking part in a panel discussion titled Collective Dreams: The Metaverse As a Shared Imagination. The event takes place on the social VR platform Breakroom (created by Sine Wave Entertainment, the makers of Sinespace).
- Philip Rosedale: Founder of Second Life and CEO and co-founder of High Fidelity
- Adam Frisby: Co-founder of Open Simulator and Sine Wave Entertainment
- Rohan Freeman: CEO and co-founder of Sine Wave Entertainment and Breakroom
- Wagner James Au: Blogger (New World Notes) and author of The Making of Second Life and Game Design Secrets
Since its inception in the early 90s, the Metaverse has inspired our wildest imagination — even if the technology to fully realize that dream has seemed just out of our grasp. But now, with advances in edge computing, VR, and 3D graphics/audio, nothing seems impossible. Given such powerful tools at our fingertips – what could this look like?
Join Metaverse pioneers Philip Rosedale, co-founder and CEO of High Fidelity, and Adam Frisby of Sine Wave Entertainment, for a candid, interactive fireside chat about virtual worlds, their past, present, and the shared creative vision for what they could be — live and onstage in the highly immersive virtual world of Breakroom.
You can register for the event here. It promises to be a fascinating discussion. See you there!
UPDATE June 24th, 2021: When you register you will receive an email message with a special link you have to click on to load the web-based Breakroom app in your web browser. Here is the schedule for the event:
– 12.00pm/8.00pm: Arrival and Networking
– 12.10pm/8.10pm: Fireside Chat with Philip and Adam
– 12.40pm/8.40pm: Q&A
– 1.00pm/9.00pm: After Party & Networking
– 1.30pm/9.30pm: Event Closes
Adam Frisby worked personally on the venue for the event and it is simply gorgeous, strongly evocative of the great Canadian north! See you there!!