Have you joined the RyanSchultz.com Steals, Deals & Freebies group yet? I will be posting EVEN MORE news and tips on finding fabulous freebies and bargains in Second Life than I post here on the blog! More information on this brand new SL group here.
Now, I do not usually blog about avatar accessories in Second Life, but I recently came across a couple of nice group gifts which I wanted to share with you. Remember, that I am only blogging about a very small fraction of what I find on my travels around the grid! For everything I find, please join the RyanSchultz.com Steals, Deals, and Freebies group in Second Life (please see the notice in red above for details). The group costs L$50 to join, but you’ll easily save multiple times that, from all the tips, tricks, tactics, and advice being shared within the group! We’re already at well over 40 members, and I can now call myself a professional freebie fashionista (and you can wear that tag with pride, too!).
Now, I should tell you that I am not a fan of bags without high-quality, Bento animations built in—high priority animations which do not break when I use them with the stands and walks in my animation overrides! Happily, both of the bags I tell you about here meet that stringent requirement.
First up is a free group gift from Vive Nine/Ryvolter. of a very versatile purse which comes in open and closed versions, in two designs, and with a wide variety of Bento hold animations, as you will see! Just teleport to the Vive Nine store, hit the small panel shown below to subscribe to the free group, and then hit the bigger panel to pick up your gift:
The best thing about this bag is the absolutely wonderful variety of hold animations, as you can see! There’s also a HUD to change the texture of the scarf wrapped around the handle of the bag (or remove it completely), and have it closed, or open with wads of cash sticking out 😉 ; please click on each thumbnail to see a larger version of the pictures.
Again, these are are high-prioity animations that should work very well with your standard AO.
If you are in the mood for some luxe shopping bags to finish off your fashionista emsemble, you can pick up a set of three as a free group gift from Sibilla. Just join the group for free (there’s a red group join panel on your right as you enter), and click on the panel located in the centre of the store, as shown below:
The shopping bags come in two holdable versions (wrist and hand), as well as an editable, rezzable version for decor (say, in the corner of your bedroom):
There you go! You’re all set to rampage your next virtual shopping mall in high style!
This avatar is also wearing:
- Mesh Head and Body, and Pumps: the Maitreya Lara-compatible Ariadna mesh body by Kalhene, which I was lucky enough to pick up for free before they switched to the paid-for Anya version (more information about the Kalhene Anya body here, which I still think is a great bargain compared to Maitreya Lara).
- Skin: Zara Bakes on Mesh skin in the sandy skin tone (a recent free gift from Wow Skins)
- Hair: Jamie unisex hair by Firelight! (a recent free gift from the Firestorm arena)
- Hat: Hex hat by Moon Elixir (a free hunt prize I picked up years ago; you can pick up a fatpack of six colours for L$100 in-store).
- Jacket: from the free Kendal outfit at Juli Fashion; just join the group for free and scoop up nearly sixty free gifts of womenswear!
- Skirt: Black pencil skirt from the Roxy outfit (a free gift from a store called Chaotic; just look for the store vendor with the FREE sign above it (exact SLURL) and pay the vendor L$1 for dozens and dozens of gifts of of women’s outfits and Slink footwear; no group is needed, and your Linden dollar will be automatically refunded).
TOTAL COST OF THIS ENTIRE LOOK: FREE! (L$1,895 if you have to buy the Kalhene Anya body and the Hex Hat fatpack from Moon Elixir.)
Happy freebie shopping!