I reached another milestone today! According to my WordPress statistics, this is my 2,000th blogpost.
So, you might ask, what is my most popular (i.e. most visited) blogpost on the RyanSchultz.com blog? Well, I remain seriously amused that my all-time most popular blogpost of all time is one that is the top Google search result when you search on “vrchat adult” (which, apparently, quite a lot of people do):
- UPDATED! The Dirty Little Secret of VRChat: Hidden Adult Content (with a whopping 47,653 views as of today; that link is quite safe for work, by the way)
The remainder of my Top Ten are:
3. Meet the Man Who Has Lost 200 Pounds Playing Beat Saber in VR (this is one of my posts that actually got picked up by Google News; 10,681 views)
6. UPDATED! Oasis: A Brief Introduction to a New, Adults-Only Social VR Platform (link is safe for work; 6,877 views)
8. Comprehensive List of Social VR Platforms and Virtual Worlds (6,463 views)
10. 3DX Chat: A Brief Introduction (and the Biggest Problem with Most Adult Virtual Worlds) (link is safe for work; 5,496 views)
Of the Top Ten, four are about Second Life, still far and away the most popular part of my blog. People seem to appreciate my coverage of steals, deals, and freebies in Second Life, and I will be continuing to write about what is (still) the most popular and economically successful virtual world to date, still going strong at 17 years old!
Sex seems to be a popular topic. Another three of my Top Ten blogposts (#1, #6, and #10) are about adult content in virtual worlds other than Second Life; I can only assume that they keep showing up in people’s Google search results when they are looking for virtual worlds where they can watch (or have) sex. I suspect that there has been increased interest in this topic due to the coronavirus pandemic, as people look for socially distanced alternatives to real-world encounters. (Of course, as I have written in post #10 above, most platforms still can’t hold a candle to Second Life, which has entrenched front runner status in that particular market niche.)
But no, I still don’t plan to cover adult/sex-based platforms in the same way I write about other niche and more general-purpose social VR platforms and virtual worlds. Despite my very rare past forays into that market on this blog, I will be leaving that field to somebody else to cover. Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Nevertheless, this is a significant milestone for the three-year-old RyanSchultz.com blog, and one I didn’t expect to reach quite so soon. Break out the champagne! And let’s drink a toast to the next 2,000 blogposts!