In a virtual world where you can be anybody (or anything) you want, Halloween is a bigger holiday than Christmas in Second Life! Today I will be giving a quick rundown of many of the events taking place across the grid.
First, if you haven’t done so yet, be sure to visit the Halloween Shop and Hop event before Nov. 1st, 2021 to pick up some fabulous free gifts, including free store credit for a variety of stores! Here’s my blogpost showing just a few of the gifts available.
There’s also numerous Halloween-and-fall-themed hunts! You can get further information on seasonal hunts posted on the HuntSL and SL Hunts websites (two places with all the latest up-to-date information on hunts in Second Life).
SL’s Top Haunted Places Tour and Hunt is something I try to go and do every year! Starting at Shady Manor, click on the large sign to receive a folder containing five notecards with SLURLs to no less than 83 different scary and spooky places to explore! Many have at least one free gift for you to find, several spots have several, and some of them are quite nice!
For example, among the free gifts from the Crazy Cajun Hallowe’en Hangout is a mini-cauldron Mystery Brew drink, complete with a Bento drinking animation!
Second Life has posted a blogpost listing a number of official Halloween events you might be interested in. Among them are:
- A trick-or-treat on the Linden Homes continent of Bellisseria (more details here);
- A visit to an elaborately decorated Halloween Haunted Neighbourhood;
- A Halloween Haunted Tour where you ride a coffin through the twisted mind of madness; and
- Over 100 haunted destinations on the Second Life Destination Guide.
Many SL clubs will also be holding events on October 31st! Do a keyword search for “halloween” under the Events tab in Search in your Second Life viewer to find out what’s going on, where and when.
This avatar is wearing:
- Mesh Head: Cleo by Akeruka (a previous group gift; the Akeruka group costs L$150 to join)
- Mesh Body: Juliet by Altamura (a previous group gift; the Altamura group costs L$100 to join)
- Hair: Que Bella in abyss black from Hairoin (a store which is unfortunately no longer in Second Life; I bought this many years ago and I forget what I paid for this)
- Dress: black Karla harness dress (one of many free group gifts from DM Design; the DM Design group is free to join)