Most of the time, I have to travel to another city to attend a conference. In this case (for a change), the conference is actually coming to me!
And believe me, at my age, not having to fit my cranky, fat ass into the ever-shrinking economy-class seating in an airplane for 2 to 4 hours in order to get somewhere is a major deal. Winnipeg is a relatively isolated northern city (check it out on a map or globe, it’s a full day’s drive north of Minneapolis and two day’s drive to the nearest Canadian cities of Edmonton, Calgary, or Toronto). And I do not travel well, which is one of the reasons I find social VR so appealing in the first place.
The Augmented Human International Conference is coming to Canada for the first time in May 2020. My university, the University of Manitoba, is hosting the 11th Augmented Human conference from May 27th to 29th, 2020, in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada.
Selected areas and topics of interest include but are not limited to:
Brain-Computer Interfaces and Artificial Intelligence
– Hardware and Sensors
– IoT [Internet of Things] and Ubiquitous Computing
– Virtual, Augmented and Mixed Reality
– Alternative or Novel Feedback Modalities
– Muscle Interfaces and Implanted Interfaces
Smart Home and Smart Cities
– Ambient sensors, Wearables, Smart Objects
– Smart Textiles, Augmented Fashion, Art and Tourism
Medicine, Rehabilitation and Sports
– Smart Assistive Devices
– Bionics and Biomechanics
– Biomimicry and Exoskeletons
– Sensory Substitution and Fusion
– Interfaces, Services and Applications
– Holograms, HMDs and Smart Glasses
– Serious Games and Augmented Sports
Political and Social Sciences
– Ethics, Trust, Privacy
– Human-Factors, Safety, and Security Aspects of Augmented Humans
If you wish to submit a paper to this conference, here is the form. The deadline for paper receipt is January 29th, 2020. All submitted papers will be peer-reviewed by three independent referees from the International Editorial Board. Accepted papers will be published in the ACM’s International Conference Proceedings Series (ICPS) and are eligible for publication in the Augmented Human Research Journal.
Here is the conference registration page. If you are coming, and you want to meet up face-to-face somewhere in Winnipeg, I would be delighted!