Lucky chairs are a freebie institution in Second Life. How they work is simple: if the first letter of your avatar name starts with the same letter as the one on the lucky chair, you sit down on it and you win the prize pictured! Sometimes instead of a chair, you have a panel that you have to click (as in the image above). They’re not as popular as they used to be in Second Life, but they are still around if you know where to look.
Sometimes you might have to sit and wait a long while for your letter to show up. It goes much faster if there is a crowd present, especially if the word has gotten out that there are new lucky chair/panel prizes to be had! Sitting and waiting for your letter to show up gives you a chance to sort through your inventory or chat with other avatars who are waiting with you.
Here are eleven of my favourite lucky chair/panel locations in Second Life for women’s fashion and skins. Please note that the links given below are SLURLs to the exact location of the lucky chair section; in some cases, you might have to follow the red arrow to find the right area of the store if the store owner forces you to arrive at one preset starting point on the sim.
- 7 Deadly s[K]ins (skins; 4 panels are located in the back of the store on the first floor; 3 require you to join the 7 Deadly s[K]ins group for L$225, while the 4th requires no group)
- Alien Gizmo’s (clothing; located inside and to the right of the main entrance; join the Alien Gizmo’s group for free to play these five lucky chairs)
- Baby Monkey (shoes and clothing; no group is needed; 3 lucky chairs are located inside the central courtyard of the new store)
- Belle Epoque (clothing; no group is needed; there are 5 lucky panels on the lawn in front of the store)
- Brii Underground Wear (complete outfits with shoes; you’ll need to join the Brii Underground Wear group for L$200 to be able to play these 9 lucky chairs, located at the far back wall of the store from the right-hand side entrance)
- Caboodle (clothing; you’ll need to join the Caboodle group for L$50 to play the 3 lucky panels here at the back of the store)
- Cynful (clothing; located on the second floor; join the Cynful group for free to play these three lucky panels)
- monaLISA (clothing and shoes; no group is needed; these panels are located to the left of the main entrance, next to the group gifts; at least one of them appears to be broken)
- Oubliette (clothing; located just inside the store to the right; join the Petite Mort & Oubliette VIP group for free to play these four lucky panels)
- Petite Mort (clothing; located just inside the store to the right; join the Petite Mort & Oubliette VIP group for free to play these four lucky panels)
- Wow Skins (skins; no group is needed; the lucky chairs and panels are located in the far left wing of the store from the main entrance)
What are your favourite lucky chair locations in Second Life? Feel free to leave a comment on this blogpost if you know of one that I’ve missed.
UPDATE May 24th: I forgot about the lucky chair location at MODA. (It’s hidden away in the back of one of the three sections of the sprawling store, so use the provided SLURL to find it.) You do not need to join the MODA group to play these 4 chairs for women’s shoes and clothing.
There is yet another good lucky chair location which I had forgotten to mention, that offers both men’s and women’s clothing. It’s at ADN Designs, where you can find 8 lucky chairs and 8 lucky panels on the wall above them. You don’t need to join a group to use them.
UPDATE Sept. 2nd: I also forgot to mention the eight lucky panels located next to the 7Seas Fishing pond at Sn@tch; you don’t need to join a group to use them. Also, Shoenique Designs has now split into two separate stores, Shoenique (shoes) and Ellnique (dresses and gowns), each with their own set of lucky panels (you do need to join the respective groups for free to play these panels). The new stores are rather large and spread out, so use the in-store map to find the lucky panel locations, or just follow the red arrow from the SLURLs I gave you to find the right area of the store. Good luck!
UPDATE Sept. 3rd: Forgot another one! There are nine lucky chairs at Sweet E’s clothing store…no group required!
UPDATE Sept. 11th: There are eleven lucky panels for women’s clothing at Nala Design; no group is needed for 9 of them and the other 2 require you to join the Nala group.