It can sometimes be hard to find good quality, free menswear in Second Life, so you might be interested to know that Gabriel has set up a new freebie store (called, appropriately enough, the FREE BEE store), right next door to the main store. Here you can pick up a wide variety of high-quality, free menswear for your male avatar. So I decided to pop in with my main male avatar, Heath Homewood, to model some of the clothing you can obtain here!
Please note that most of the menswear comes in standard sizing only (XS, S, M, L, XL), intended for classic, system avatars, but which should also fit most brands of male mesh avatars if you use the alpha sections on the HUD which came with your body. A few items do come in sizes to fit the male Belleza Jake, Signature Gianni, Slink and Meshbody Classic/TMP mesh bodies. (Heath has a Belleza Jake body in these pictures.)
First up, we have three separate items combined to make a casual outfit:
- a demin zip jacket (light blue as shown or dark grey versions, in Jake, Gianni, Slink, and TMP sizes);
- chino pants (which come in khaki, olive, orange, and dark blue; standard sizing); and
- boat shoes (camel, red-brown, and red with 4 textures each; one size only, but they are unrigged/adjustable, and resizable via menu when you click on them):
Heath now models a summertime look, consisting of:
- the strap open shirt (white, grey, black, in sizes to fit Belleza Jake, Signature Gianni, Meshbody Class/TMP, and Slink); and
- the half denim pants (white, black, light wash blue, indigo blue, dark indigo; standard sizing: XS, S, M, L, and XL):
Here’s a wintertime look, with the same boat shoes as before, plus:
- the double-long coat set (consisting of four separate pieces: coat, the sweater under the coat, the shirt under the coat with a texture HUD, and a scarf with a texture HUD). The coat comes in dark blue as shown, plus olive, pearl grey, light brown, and black, and the coat, sweater, shirt, and scarf all come in standard sizing (XXS, XS, S, M, and L-XL). The mix-and-match possibilities are endless!
- “sagging” jeans (which come in black, white, indigo blue denim, dark indigo denim, light wash denim, dark wash denim; standard sizing: XS, S, M, L, XL).
Finally, we have this formal three-piece suit with a subtle pinstripe, which comes in dark grey or black as shown (this is all one piece, and comes in standard sizes XS, S, M, and L-XL; the black dress shoes and socks Heath is wearing are not included):
There are many. many more items of menswear in the Gabriel Free Bee store, so be sure to check it out! Here’s your taxi.
UPDATE Jan. 11th, 2022: Here’s two more free outfits from the Gabriel FREE BEE store! My model for these pictures is my librarian avatar, Notecard Writer, who is wearing an Altamura mesh body.
This formal black three-piece suit comes in four versions: small or large stripe, and small or large check patterns. You’re all set for your next virtual boardroom meeting!
It’s all one piece, and comes in standard sizing. And it even includes a HUD to change the colour of the shirt and tie! (Please note that the shoes are not included.)
And one more casual look! This unzipped black biker jacket comes in versions with or without the shirt underneath it, in blue denim, black denim, a black floral design, or white (one standard size). The sweatpants come in white, grey, and black, in one standard size, plus sizes to fit Slink, Signature, and Meshbody Classic/TMP mesh bodies (the black Karmenov sneakers were a free group gift from VERSOV).
Happy freebie shopping!