Yesterday the Sansar team at Linden Lab put in a long afternoon updating the client software, working into the evening to track down and fix a software bug.
Here are some of the new features of the latest release:
This update to the Sansar client is called the Ready, Aim, Fire! release, and for good reason, according to the release notes:
- This is a whole suite of APIs and features that will allow for creators to explore gun-play in Sansar!
- Scripts can now detect VR inputs, mouse clicks and what the player is targeting when any input is hit.
- Even more script APIs for Ray/shape casting have been added.
- Grab Points can be toggled to stay held when picked up (so you don’t have to hold your pewpewer the whole time)
- Check out the new Game.Gun, Game.Target and Selector simple scripts to add these features to your scene!
- Mouselook mode: allows desktop users to switch to a mode where you do not need to click and hold right-mouse to look around. You can instead hit the ESC key and just move your mouse round.
- This a toggle-able feature
- While active it will disable the menu
Here’s a short video by Jogalog showing the new features:
We finally have a long-awaited feature: the ability to sit down on furniture that has sit points enabled by the creator!
- Much like “Grab Points” creators can now designate “Sit Points” on object, while in Edit Mode.
- This works with Static objects only.
- Clicking on a sit point will teleport your avatar to the location of the sit point, and the orientation that has been set.
New Scene Settings
Scene level settings
- Free-cam & Teleportation distance limitation options
- Free-Cam for Desktop users can be turned off in an experience in Edit Mode
- Teleportation (VR & Desktop) distance can be limited or turned off in an experience in Edit Mode.
- Available in Scene Settings in Edit Mode
There’s also a brand new home space that appears when you log into Sansar:
Tutorials and Prompts
Also, the controls and the user interface have a new tutorial that will start in the home space when you first log in, and you will also receive one-time prompts as you visit experiences.
For complete details on all the new features in this release, please see the official blog post.
Looks like Christmas came early!
One thought on “Christmas Came Early! The December Update of Sansar Has Many New Features”
The furniture in the home space does not have any sit points?
Comments are closed.