Yesterday the Sansar team at Linden Lab put in a long afternoon updating the client software, working into the evening to track down and fix a software bug.
Here are some of the new features of the latest release:
This update to the Sansar client is called the Ready, Aim, Fire! release, and for good reason, according to the release notes:
- This is a whole suite of APIs and features that will allow for creators to explore gun-play in Sansar!
- Scripts can now detect VR inputs, mouse clicks and what the player is targeting when any input is hit.
- Even more script APIs for Ray/shape casting have been added.
- Grab Points can be toggled to stay held when picked up (so you don’t have to hold your pewpewer the whole time)
- Check out the new Game.Gun, Game.Target and Selector simple scripts to add these features to your scene!
- Mouselook mode: allows desktop users to switch to a mode where you do not need to click and hold right-mouse to look around. You can instead hit the ESC key and just move your mouse round.
- This a toggle-able feature
- While active it will disable the menu
Here’s a short video by Jogalog showing the new features:
We finally have a long-awaited feature: the ability to sit down on furniture that has sit points enabled by the creator!
- Much like “Grab Points” creators can now designate “Sit Points” on object, while in Edit Mode.
- This works with Static objects only.
- Clicking on a sit point will teleport your avatar to the location of the sit point, and the orientation that has been set.
New Scene Settings
Scene level settings
- Free-cam & Teleportation distance limitation options
- Free-Cam for Desktop users can be turned off in an experience in Edit Mode
- Teleportation (VR & Desktop) distance can be limited or turned off in an experience in Edit Mode.
- Available in Scene Settings in Edit Mode
There’s also a brand new home space that appears when you log into Sansar:
Tutorials and Prompts
Also, the controls and the user interface have a new tutorial that will start in the home space when you first log in, and you will also receive one-time prompts as you visit experiences.
For complete details on all the new features in this release, please see the official blog post.
Looks like Christmas came early!