I will be taking the entire month of February (four weeks) as vacation time from my paying job as a reference librarian at the University of Manitoba. And I’ve got a lot of things I plan to work on during that time off:
- I have to work on my 45-minute presentation on Social VR and Libraries, which I will be giving at the 2020 Educators in VR International Summit, being held February 17th-22nd on various social VR platforms: AltspaceVR, ENGAGE, rumii, Mozilla Hubs, and Somnium Space. If you want to catch my presentation, it will be on Saturday, February 22nd, 2020 from 5:00 a.m. to 6:00 a.m. Pacific Time, from the virtual Bodleian Library in ENGAGE and livestreamed to the other platforms—so be sure to get up early and brew some extra-strong coffee to stay awake! 😉
- I will be teaching myself how to use the Adobe Premiere Pro video-editing software, as I will be taking over from Andrew William as producer and video editor for my show, the Metaverse Newscast, which is currently on hiatus as I work my way up the learning curve.
- I need to clean my apartment, which is a Red Cross disaster area!
- I need to continue to prepare for a potential 2019-nCoV pandemic. (And I hope that you are preparing too! Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst.)
- My blogging will probably be taking a bit of a back seat to these first four tasks, but I will continue to write sponsored blogposts for Sinespace, and I will blog at least one update per day on the rapidly-evolving Wuhan coronavirus/2019-nCoV situation. Click here to read all my previous blogposts about 2019-nCoV. Yes, I am going to try and cover two completely separate topics on my blog!
Welcome to the new normal, where it would seem that everybody needs to learn how to juggle priorities and multitask in the face of competing demands on their time, and factor in unexpected emergencies!
(Yes, I’m also going to find some time to rest, relax, and recharge before I have to go back to work, too.)