The Twisted semi-annual hunts are renowned for being the hardest hunts in Second Life. While last spring’s Twisted Hunt had a theme of white and gold, the new fall Twisted Hunt has a theme of black and red.
Don’t expect any helpful hints from the Twisted Hunt website; all you’ll get is a list of participating stores. After that, you’re on your own. Many stores deliberately put multiple false hunt cubes throughout the store to make it even more impossible to find the prize you are seeking!
Here is a look at one of the Twisted Hunt prizes: this gorgeous black-and-red ballgown with gold accents by C!L Boutique:
This avatar is wearing:
- Mesh Head and Eyes: Cleo by Akeruka (a previous dollarbie group gift; the Akeruka group costs L$150 to join; the Cleo head comes with matching Omega body skin appliers; more details here)
- Mesh Body: Juliet by Altamura (Juliet was a free Valentine’s Day group gift; the Altamura group costs L$50 to join, and you can obtain the Omega system kit for Altamura mesh bodies for only L$99 available at this exact SLURL; more details about the Juliet body here)
- Hair: Winks by LIQUIDMOON (free gift from a previous Hair Fair)
- Dress: Morticia ballgown by C!L Boutique (free Twisted Hunt prize)
- Jewlery: Sacre Coeur earrings and necklace by CODEX (free gift from a previous eBento event)
- Fan with Animation: Scripted fan for geisha by Tuty’s Animations (free gift from years ago; tinted red to match the Morticia gown)
TOTAL COST FOR THIS AVATAR: L$300
Pictures were taken at the Twisted Hunt headquarters.
UPDATE Sept. 13th: Melyna Foxclaw left the following helpful message using the Contact form on my blog:
Hi! I am writing about the recent Twisted Hunt post. I noticed you mention you were mostly on your own on this hunt. But there is an inworld hunt group too. There are no hints on the website, but if you join the free Twisted Hunt Inworld group, you can ask for hints there. That is the only place you can get the hints. They are not published anywhere because they can change very often during the hunt at various stores in the hunt. And the group can be quite helpful at times when you get stuck. Usually, there will be someone willing to help you out. Or someone who knows the hint. Some stores have an easel that might have the hint and more information about extra side hunts at their stores. Just FYI, since it was left out. Thanks!