A rather amusing situation has developed in the wake of Frank’s Entertainment Group closing down most of their Second Life venues: two dueling Frank’s Jazz Clubs have arisen!
Frank’s Jazz Club (The Upstart)
The new club, which is variously called Frank’s Jazz Club, the New Frank’s Place, the Sinatra Jazz Club, and the Frank S Jazz Club, depending on which sign you’re looking at and which landmark you pick up, is the new kid on the block, obviously hoping to lure Frank’s previous clientele. (I’m quite sure that Frank’s original owner, Nanceee Sinatra, is rather ticked off about this development, but there’s not much that she can do about it. I rather doubt she trademarked the name Frank’s.)
The music mix is much the same as Nancee’s original Frank’s, but I note that you can make song requests for the DJ to play using various signs placed around the venue, which is a suitably large and impressive space, tastefully decorated for Christmas.
And I do see many familiar faces from Frank’s here already! Which just goes to show that the concept was a good one. It was very smart of someone to step immediately into the void left when Frank’s closed.
Even better, there are gifts of free formalwear for both men and women at the entrance! What more could a freebie fashionista ask for?
Here my avatar is wearing the free black ballgown, which is quite lovely and has sizes to fit most classic system and mesh bodies (this is the version for Maitreya Lara, which fits this Altamura Juliet mesh body perfectly):
She is also wearing:
- a white fur stole from Glitzz (a free group gift; the group is free to join)
- the delicate, beautiful colour-changeable snowflake earrings and necklace by Beloved Jewelry (a free Peace on Earth Hunt gift)
- the Kelsa updo by Firelight Hair (a free gift from last year’s Advent calendar)
- black flats by Garbaggio (part of a free sample pack of Slink-compatible shoes from Garbaggio, available on the SL Marketplace; Altamura mesh bodies have Slink-compatible feet)
TOTAL COST FOR THIS ENTIRE FORMAL OUTFIT: FREE!
Frank’s Elite Jazz Club (The Original)
On the other hand, there is Frank’s Elite Jazz Club, which is under new ownership after the previous sim owner stepped in to save it when Frank’s Entertainment Group was going to shut it down. It is a members-only club with a rather steep membership fee of L$1,000 (I had joined when the group fee was only L$500), but they sometimes have events which are open to everybody.
I must confess that I do have a soft spot for this venue, which is beautifully decorated for the holiday season:
One of things I do like about Frank’s Elite Jazz Club is the variety of talented live performers. I also appreciate the fact that the exclusivity of the club tends to attract a higher class of clientele (I did get rather sick and tired of being hit on all the time at Frank’s original club; being a drop-dead gorgeous female avatar does have its disadvantages 😉 ).
Vanity Fair is wearing her standard go-to ballgown, the Au Revoir red silk gown by Snowpaws—simple, beautiful, effortlessly elegant.
To go with the ballgown, I am also wearing:
- Antigone gold and ruby earrings (a long-ago free gift from Kouse’s Sanctum, a store which has now closed)
- Gigi crimson pumps by Garbaggio (not shown; my favourite shoe store!)
- And a gold wedding band by Su Xue (as a warning signal to keep the male pestering to a minimum 😉 ).
Vanity is also wearing: