Draxtor Despres, in his Facebook group 114 Harvest, asked the following question:
Second Life friends: have you been to Sansar? Why not?
Because both Second Life and Sansar are made by the same company, Linden Lab, it seems possible that many curious SL users would want to at least visit Sansar. (Linden Lab has made it very clear that the two products are separate platforms with separate development teams, and that Second Life will continue to be developed over time.)
Many SL users answered Drax’s question. To summarize the responses:
- I’m a Mac user, and there is no Mac client for Sansar. (I have addressed this issue here.)
- My computer is not powerful enough to run Sansar.
- My Internet connection is not fast enough to run Sansar.
- I prefer to build using the in-world tools in Second Life, rather than use external content creation tools like Blender.
- “There’s nothing to do in Sansar.” or “There’s more to do in Second Life.”
- Second Life is more fully-featured than Sansar.
- There are not enough avatar customization options in Sansar.
- I can’t bring my SL inventory over to Sansar.
It was interesting to read through all the comments!