Today was the Custom Avatar Contest in Sansar, held at Loz Hyde’s The Grand Hall and Gardens experience. Forty-five avatars showed up, possibly making this the largest single crowd in Sansar in quite some time!
There were a number of wonderfully creative custom avatars on display, but some of them decided not to enter the contest for whatever reason. This meant that there were very few contestants in some categories! Chaos reigned for a little while.
The winners of the five categories were:
- Best Looking Avatar: C3rb3rus, who created a wonderful Egyptian Anubis avatar
- Funniest Avatar: Missy, who showed up in a huge, square, somewhat warped animal avatar she created using Marvelous Designer
- Most Surreal Avatar: Silas Merlin’s Sunflower Man, called Memento Mori
- Most Innovative Avatar: Snow’s Robot Eating Pizza avatar
- Best Original Design: KandyBrainz’ Yolandastein avatar (which comes in either aqua or pink)
Each winner received 5,000 Sansar dollars (worth about US$50). Congratulations to all the winners, and all the contestants!