This is just a reminder that the deadlines for both of the Sansar contests are coming soon!
Contest #1: Sansar’s Best Avatar Props
This contest is for the creators of the best avatar props in four categories:
- Most Innovative
- Best Hallowe’en Costume
- Most Fashionable
How to enter:
- List your avatar props in the Sansar Store by October 1st, 2017.
- Set the price at no more than S$500 (you can update your pricing after the contest).
- Send an email to email@example.com with “Creator Contest- Avatar Prop” as the subject line. Include the link to your Sansar Store item listing in the email body, and note which of the above categories you’re submitting the item for.
Contest #2: Sansar’s Scariest Experiences
Linden Lab is looking for Sansar’s scariest experiences.
One grand prize winner will receive US$10,000, an Oculus Rift + Touch bundle and a one-year Sansar Super Creator Subscription. Three honourable mentions will each receive a one-year Sansar Creator Subscription.
How to enter:
- Create a brand new experience or update a prior project to create a version in the ‘spirit’ of Halloween.
- List your experience in the Sansar Atlas by October 15th, 2017.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Creator Contest – Sansar’s Scariest” as the subject line. Include the link to your experience in the Sansar Atlas.
I’ve already blogged a number of times about the Sansar creator named Galen and his wonderful scripted objects:
- his steerable hovercraft;
- his Clockworks Club (the YouTube video above is from Galen of his updated experience);
- his Metaverse Machines showroom.
Jenn, the Community Manager for Sansar, has posted to the official Sansar blog about some features Linden Lab expects to deliver in the next couple of releases of the software. This is a big deal! To my knowledge, this is the first time that Linden Lab has actually gone on record about upcoming features past the upcoming release.
So, what can we expect? The next release (expected at the end of September/beginning of October), will include the following features:
- keyword searching of the Sansar Altas within the software client;
- a new Featured tab for experiences picked by an editorial team;
- new branding options in the Sansar Store;
- improved item sorting in the Sansar Store;
- desktop (non-VR) users will be able to pick up, carry, and throw objects.
And in the release after that (expected at the end of October/beginning of November), the following is promised:
- searching for people (and adding friends) by name;
- a new Events section in the Sansar Atlas;
- changes that will make it easier to publish your experiences;
- new references for Sansar’s controls in both desktop and VR mode.
To discuss these and other changes to Sansar, please feel free to join both the official and unofficial Sansar Discord channels! There’s a lot more people on the official Discord server, but the conversation is a bit more freewheeling on the unofficial server. Join either or both, it’s up to you! It’s the best way to stay informed as to what’s going on with Sansar!